Please Keep In touch

Please subscribe to our Announcement list. This is critical to organizing our movement and communicating with you.

Click Here to subscribe

And click here if you want to unsubscribe

Friday 2 August 2013

Someone else wrote:
_____________________________________________________________
jeffz    on Jul 2, 2013:
http://winsupersite.com/windows/microsoft-kills-technet-subscriptions
_____________________________________________________________

Like you I recently renewed and the announcement this week was a big disappointment. I've been a TechNet subscriber for years - remember when they used to ship boxes of CDs ?
TechNet was always a great way for the individual IT Pro to keep current on MS technologies, build labs, etc.
Sure cloud based or time-slotted "trials" will fill some of the void - but when I compare to the various Linux flavors and Apache Projects I run - all of which were free - I was already willing to pay MS to that ability to download and install their products...
But without an inexpensive longer term model - my work in the space will end with 8.1/2012 R2.
I guess this is the new world of the device and services company...
Sad...

_____________________________________________________________
And I do agree...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this article. We welcome comments but reserve the right to edit out those posts that are spam, offensive or otherwise unhelpful.